Cook Book Design Book











As a starting point for my major project I decided to make an extensive written analysis of existing cook books that explored how they function typographically and how they address users, readers and lifestyles. It was important for me to use writing as my methodology for this part of my research: I wanted to understand more clearly how typography works and how visual languages are constructed; I wanted to understand why I made design decisions and why I was drawn to certain types of design – and I wanted to be able to articulate these decisions more fluently and clearly. Writing and critical reflection is at the core of the LCC MA Graphic Design – and in the wider postgraduate community of the college – so developing a writing practice seemed a pertinent choice.

Archive

Search

Categories

Click here to subscribe to James Brook / Design

Please visit www.jamesbrook.net for more information

The content (content being images and text) of this website is copyright © James Brook
All rights expressly reserved
Powered by Blogger.